Monday, March 9, 2009

Welcoming Josiah Thomas Campbell - March 5, 2009

Sunday, February 22, my sister, Rachel, my mom, Kim, mother-in-law, Patsy, and my sister-in-law, Amber, hosted a family/church baby shower for me at Patsy's house. It was such a blessing as we were given many needed things in preparation for our new baby boy. Thank you to everyone who showered us with gifts and love!


This is me at 37 1/2 weeks- 1 1/2 weeks before Josiah was born.


Rachel's mother-in-law made the beautiful cake. The theme for the baby's nursery is a prince theme, so the cake topper was a chocolate crown. Thanks, Marilyn- it was delicious!
Patsy crocheted two baby blankets for Josiah. They will be very special keepsakes for him.
Julie enjoyed helping open the gifts..




Labor began Wednesday evening, March 4th, and we went on to the hospital. The next morning at 5:30 a.m. they started me on a pitocin drip to speed the labor up a bit, then broke my water at 10:00. He was here by 11:08 Thursday morning! After delivery I was praising God that it was over with. It was, by far, the hardest of my 3 labor and deliveries I've experienced. It wasn't like Alyson's delivery: walk in to the hospital dialated to 9 cm, ready to deliver in minutes!
My friend, Rachel Negley, was so kind to stay with our girls Wednesday night while we were at the hospital. She brought them up Thursday afternoon after naps. Thank you, Rachel, for all your help! And also to my mom for staying with them Thursday night. It was a blessing to have a peace of mind knowing the girls were taken care of and having fun.
Julie, especially, was excited. She couldn't get enough of Josiah. She kept kissing and touching his head and saying over and over, "He's so cute!" Alyson, on the other hand, wouldn't acknowledge him for quite some time, but by the end of their visit she was smiling at him and even tried to give him a chip! I was really concerned about how Alyson would do when we brought him home, but she has adjusted quite well. It helps her to see Julie's love and excitement towards him, so now she, as well, enjoys playing the role of a big sister. She enjoys getting diapers for me and watching him eat. I am thankful thus far for a good and easy transition with the girls. It is an answer to prayer!
The proud daddy of a baby boy!

Aunt Amber (Brandon's sister)
Poor Grandma Patsy was so excited about the birth of Josiah, but ended up not holding him after delivery because of being exposed to a stomach virus. She was afraid of the possibility of being a carrier of the virus, so she didn't want to take her chances of passing it to Josiah.
Brandon, Josiah, Grandpa Randy Campbell, and Great Grandpa Thomas Gray


Uncle Rusty and Aunt Rachel
Mimi and Papa

This is the first boy in the family for my dad (Papa). He had two girls, then two granddaughters, so he was all smiles and a proud Papa when Josiah arrived.




Josiah Thomas Campbell
8 lbs 20 1/2 " long



Two proud big sisters, Alyson and Julie!Patsy and Randy, when sure that they were not sick, came over to hold Josiah for the first time. They were thrilled and very proud grandparents!


16 comments:

Robin and Stephen said...

Miranda! He is absolutely precious! Congrats! I hope to meet him when we are home in May! Miss you guys!

Becky Hutchens said...

Congrats! He is so cute or should I say handsome. I'm sorry I didn't make it to the hospital, but with the illness in the house, I didn't want to take a chance that I would spread the wealth. ha ha It was a good thing to, since Sarah came down with strep throat a couple of days later...she would have been contagious and I would have hated it if the new family got sick. It is amazing to see the special gift that God can create. Love you

Nicole said...

Congrats lady!! He is handsome.

Leah said...

Okay, I have tears because I wish I could come see you and the three so badly!!! He's going to be GROWN before I get to hold him.

Sorry I haven't called...it's so hard to get to the phone, but I promise I will soon!

Love you and have been thinking of you/praying for you lots lately!

Leah

Unknown said...

He is a cutie. I just know him and Ti are going to be great friends.

Libby said...

Miranda-Lou!!! He's adorable! I am so glad you posted some more pictures. Hopefully I'll be able to come see you and him before too long... Love ya!

Emily said...

Congratulations! You have a beautiful family, and now a precious little boy!

The "W" Family said...

Oh he is so cute! I'm glad everyone is healthy and doing good! I'm bringing you dinner tomorrow and I can't wait to see him!

Jessica said...

You look good, lady! Harbor's labor was HARD with no epiduarl too. I had horrible back labor, but suffered through. : ) I'm proud you did it your way. I know how successful you feel when it is over- it is like climbing a mountain! I wouldn't have done it any other way though. I'm happy it worked out how you wanted.

Can I help you with anything? I know how life is a jumble for several weeks until you get adjusted.

Harbor was 8lbs, 20 inches. They were really close in their stats.

So.. are you in love with your little boy, or what??? Boys are so fabulous!

I'm so happy for you!

Love,
Jessica

Becke' said...

YEAH FOR BABY BOYS! Josiah is PRECIOUS and I know he has captured your heart completely. So thankful he is healthy and you are well. I know Kiley would have loved to meet him. Eric and I LOVE his name! Congrats...and prayers for a peaceful home!

Taylor Family said...

Congratulations! You have such a beautiful family!

Brittney said...

Congratulations!!!! He is perfect!

Meredith said...

Congratulations! He is perfectly adorable.

Gary and Kellye said...

Congratulations! I'm so sorry we haven't made it by yet to meet little Josiah. We've just been swamped with stuff going on. LJ loves babies (but unfortunately he thinks their eyes, nose, mouth, etc. are buttons...like the ones on his toys...so he tries to push them!) :)

Cassie said... said...

I love the picture with Rachel! He looks like he's smilin for the camera. He is so beautiful!!

Danielle said...

He is adorable! Congrats!! I knew you were due in March and was wondering if you had him yet. The guys just aren't that good with all that, are they?! I love the last picture of Julie holding and kissing him! Very sweet! Well big hugs and kisses from Daniel, Taylor, Kennedy and I.