Friday, September 28, 2007

Oops!

Ok, I was just reading what I had written in the section "About Me" and I didn't realize that I had written that "God was my Friend... Brandon, my best Friend." (Sorry God!) Well, it convicted my heart anyway. Sometimes we say that God is our best friend, but really, who do we invest most of our time in? I know for me I am guilty of spending alot of my time with my children, then Brandon, then if there's any time left, I'll spend it with God. (and by that time it's 10:30 and I'm tired!) That is the complete opposite order it should be in. God, Brandon, then children. It is so important to get that order right. He created us for His purpose and to glorify Him. Just like His word says, "..but the worries of this life, the deceitfulness of wealth and the desires for other things come in and choke the word, making it unfruitful (Mark 4:19)." But then in Psalm 37 it says, "Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart."
Anyway, I just had to make that correction.. and it could have been a 'God-thing'. He was probably bringing that to my attention to convict my heart of where he stands in my life. I want to bring Him my best every day and consult with Him in all I do. Because without Him I am nothing and can do nothing.
Thank you, Jesus!

1 comment:

Leah said...

You are such blessing!!! Thanks for reminding me of what should be top priority!

You are still holding me accountable!! Thank you a million times!